|The Second Occasional LoneStarCon Science Fiction Convention and Chili Cook-off, Variously known as the 55th World Science Fiction Convention and LoneStarCon 2, the 1997 Worldcon, To be held from August 28th through September 1st, in the year 1997, in San Antonio, Texas.
LoneStarCon 2, the 1997 Worldcon: Short Story Contest
oneStarCon 2 will have a short story contest for unpublished writers.
The winner will be selected by Bill Fawcett, Jody Lynn Nye, and William R. Forstchen.
The winner will receive:
- An award presented at the convention
- A reading of the winning story at the convention
- Free books
- And best of all, Jody Lynn Nye has offered to allow a suitable winner to submit a story to her next anthology. Stories are due in early 1998. Her last anthology was Don't Forget Your Spacesuit Dear, a major success.
The following are the contest rules:
- You must have no more than one science fiction or fantasy story published in a professional publication at the time you enter. (Fanzine publishing is OK).
- You may submit only one manuscript. The story must be unpublished and may be either science fiction or fantasy.
- Manuscripts must be postmarked no later than June 15, 1997.
- Manuscripts may have up to 5,000 words.
- Manuscripts should be double spaced, standard manuscript format, and letter quality type.
- You must be a member of the convention to enter. (Supporting membership is OK.) Please put your membership number on the first page of the manuscript with your name and address.
- Mail four disposable copies of your manuscript to LoneStarCon 2, P.O. Box 27277, Austin, TX 78755-2277.
Write to Shirley Crossland at:
LoneStarCon 2 Short Story Contest
or send e-mail to her at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or leave a message at (512) 472-9944.
ATTN: Shirley Crossland
P.O. Box 27277